Monday, November 17, 2008

Hotmail vs. Yahoo mail vs. Gmail

The battle between the "Big 3" in the online mail realm really interests me because it's amazing how over the years I have given focus to all 3: Gmail, Hotmail and Yahoo Mail. Personally I've always been using Hotmail (then MSN Hotmail) . I think back then, it offered something like 3-5 MB of space and almost everyone I knew was using it at the time. Around the same time many of my friends began opening up a Yahoo Mail account, I also had one, but never really got used to it and stuck with Hotmail instead. Finally when Gmail came out I got myself an invitation almost immediately and didn't think I was going to get much use out of it. While I haven't actually opening a Gmail account (well, one I use anyways, I did open one once, but never really ever used it)

Techcrunch also performed their own comparison and Gmail ended up coming out on top in their testing/research:

"Overall we prefer Gmail over all other webmail applications because performance (speed) is consistently fast, and emails can be tagged making search much more
effective. They also offer more storage and other features, and it’s free. However, Yahoo and Live Hotmail offer more mainstream Outlook-like user interfaces (although Live Hotmail does not allow you to access other email accounts from their application), whereas Gmail takes some time to get used to. If you are looking for speed and tagging is important, Gmail is for you. If you are looking for the closest thing to Outlook online, go with Yahoo Mail. "

Which do you prefer to use? why? Leave me a reply, As always, you can also be paid for your thoughts, by using the link above and below my postings....

Until next time........

0 comments:

Post a Comment