Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Pregnant Woman Given Speeding Ticket When She Asks For Help


In news that's DEFINITELY strange, and absolutely TRUE:

Boston has some of the most congested roads that I have ever seen. Once I was driving from Logan Airport and trying to enter the tunnel. Traffic was backed up and tempers overheated. I actually witnessed a man exit his car and bend the antenna of another car and beat on the hood with his hands, denting the car.

In another incident, I was driving in Quincy and I admit that I turned on a yellow light that became red as I went through it. I was hailed down by Quincy’s finest who began to verbally berate me, shined a light into my rented XC90 and told me to wait. He also told me that “all you New Yorkers are alike with your fancy Volvos.” It was a rental car and I told him that I am not from New York, but he was such an anger ball, that did not extinguish those flames.

90 minutes later, I was still in the New York-plated Volvo rental car waiting for the anger ball to give me my ticket. Since I was already way late to where I was going, I got out of the car to simply ask him how much longer it would be since there was no reason to detain me for that long except sheer nastiness. I asked him nicely how much longer it would be and he threatened to arrest me. OK. There ought be a law!

In another crazy traffic incident in Boston, a pregnant woman in labor was stuck in traffic. Her husband started driving in the breakdown lane and they actually pulled up behind a state trooper to see if they could continue to use the breakdown lane to reach the next exit. According to the Boston Globe,

http://doubledoublethoughts.blogspot.com - Jennifer Davis with her evidence Jennifer Davis holding her "evidence" - Charlotte


Not only did the trooper say no, he gave them a $100 citation for driving in the breakdown lane, made them wait for their citation while he finished writing someone else’s ticket, and even seemed to ask for proof of pregnancy, Jennifer Davis said.


“He said, ‘What’s under your jacket?’ I said, ‘My belly,’ ” Davis said. “He waited and gestured with his head like, ‘OK, let’s see it.’ He waited for me to unzip my jacket. I mean, it was so clear that I was pregnant.”

The Davis's say the contretemps occurred after two other troopers they encountered had waved them along in the highway breakdown lane, allowing them to evade gridlock while advising them to be cautious and keep their hazard lights on.

You can't make stuff like this up...There is something wrong with some of the cops in Boston, seriously!

0 comments:

Post a Comment